Dr. Mustafa Baris Ata
Specialist Reproductive Medicine and Infertility
- Full Professor and Chairperson, Dept. of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Koc University School of Medicine, Turkey.
- Founding Director of the IVF Units at Uludag University (2011 – 2014) and Koç University (2015 – 2021).
- Performed over 5,000 IVF cycles
- Graduate of Istanbul School of Medicine, 1998
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency at Vakıf Gureba Hospital between 1999 - 2003.
- Assisted Reproductive Technology Clinical Training in 2005 at the American Hospital of Istanbul,
- Clinical and Research Fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at McGill University, Montreal, Canada, between 2008-2011
- Masters Degree in Clinical Trials from London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine,
- Has over 150 publications in leading journals and textbooks to his credit.
- Served/serves in the editorial boards of leading journals in the field, including Human Reproduction Update, Human Reproduction, Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology Canada, Turkish Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology among others.
- President of the Turkish Society of Reproductive Medicine, where he has been on the board of directors since 2012.
- Executive Committee Member of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (2019-2023).
- Holds multiple awards for research, teaching, and quality of patient care from the American Society of Reproductive Medicine, Turkish Society of Reproductive Medicine, McGill University, Koç University and other institutions.
- 2019 – 2021 Chairperson, Dept. of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Koç University School of Medicine
- 2014 – 2021 Director, Obstetric and Gynecology Services, Koç University Hospital, Istanbul
- 2014 – 2021 Founding Director of Assisted Reproduction Unit, Koç University,
- 2011 – 2014 Founding Director of Assisted Reproduction Unit Uludag University,
- 2005 – 2008 Attending Physician, Women’s Health and Assisted Reproduction Unit, American Hospital of Istanbul